Adding/Updating a Vendor in to PeopleSoft

Searching for a vendor

Path: Main Menu > Vendor > Vendor Information > Add/Update, then either enter the vendor EIN in the area marked "Vendor TIN Number" or change "Name 1" to "Contains" and type in the most unique word in the name.

Vendor Search Job Aide


Add/Update a Vendor

To add a new vendor or update the information to an existing vendor in BuyWays, the following forms ( UMass Dartmouth W-9 and Vendor Request Form) must be completed and submitted to Procurement. Once the forms have been completed, they must be faxed to 508.999.8997


Domestic Vendor:


Foreign Source Vendor:

Tax Form



(Individuals) Certificate of foreign status of beneficial owner for US tax withholding and reporting. May be used for honoraria, reimbursements, and some foreign source vendors.


(Entities without US Presence) Certificate of status of beneficial owner for US tax withholding and reporting.


(Entities with US Presence) Certificate of foreign person's claim that income is effectively connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the US.


(Government) For use by foreign governments, international organizations, foreign central banks of issue, foreign tax-exempt organizations, foreign private foundations, and governments of US possessions.












Foreign Speakers/Performers/Honoraria:

Please contact Nadine Rodriguez at 508.999.8054 or via email

*If a vendor is "Inactive" in PeopleSoft, they will need to complete a new W9 tax form.

*All individuals, including: honoraria, consultants, speakers, performers, Part Time Visiting Lecturers please contact Leslie Mercure via email or phone at 508.999.6474