The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth utilizes Citibank as the official Procurement/Travel Card (Procard) provider. The Procard is a purchasing tool, which provides an efficient and effective method of purchasing and paying for business commodities, services, and travel.
The University Procard may be used for University travel when requested by the traveler and approved by their department head. Information about the University Procard Program along with applicable policies, procedures, and application can be found on the Procurement Card Program site.
Prior to arranging travel a procard holder should verify that their card has been approved for travel and that the dollar limits placed on the card are appropriate for the expected expenditures of the user. This will avoid the card being declined due to travel commodities which are normally blocked on the procard or insufficient dollar limits to meet the need of the card user. Additionally, all travel must be fully approved prior to making travel arrangements.
PROCARD TRAVEL GUIDE
Types of pre-approved allowable Travel Expenses include the following:
- Auto rentals
- Conference Registration Fees
- Hotels – Room charges, parking, internet service only
- Travel agencies/services
- Other Travel: Steamship, Boat Rentals, Railroads, Commuter Rail, Taxis, Limousines, Parking Garages
- Personal meals including room service
- Per diem meals
- Hotel services such as movie rentals, health club charges, etc.
Please keep original itemized receipts with the reconciled Procard Statement. All Procard receipts should be submitted to Accounts Payable along with the completed Expense Report. All Procard expenses must be reallocated to the appropriate expense account codes in PeopleSoft within 30 days of the transaction post date.
Non-employee Travel – Visitors to UMass Dartmouth
Procards that have been approved for travel can be used to arrange travel for non-employees. This traval includes travel for candidates brought in for new faculty or administrative recruitment and travel for visiting speakers and performers.
Complete the Following Prior to the trip:
- Complete a Risk and Release Form. The traveler must fill out and return a copy of this form to the department before the trip.
- Complete a Travel Authorization Form.
- If any student uses his/her own vehicle to attend the trip, complete a Release of Liability form.
All student groups must schedule a meeting with the Director of SAIL to receive final approval.
Athletic Team Travel
Please contact the Travel Administrator for more information.