What is the TRiO Program?
In addition to our regular services the ARC offers additional Student Support Services to any student that meets at least one of these requirements and participants must be a citizen of the United States of permanent residents.
- First Generation—Mother and Father or Guardian do not have a four year college degree. and/or
- Low –Income—If receiving a Pell Grant, this is an indicator that the student meets the federal income guidelines. and/or
- You have a documented physical or learning disability
- Federal Trio Programs Home Page
- Upward Bound
- Talent Search
- Student Support Services
- Educational Opportunity Centers
- McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program
There will be times that you will need assistance while attending this University. Our goal is to focus on the personal success of all eligible students. Why not take advantage of the wide range of activities we offer free of charge to eligible students. The Outreach Counselor fosters a one-on-one approach to guarantee the success of a first-generation or low-income student.
If you are a freshman at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth or transferring in from another college or a current student contact the Outreach Counselor to become part of the Student Support Services Program.
Student Support Services
- Academic assistance
- Cultural Enrichment Opportunities
- Calculator loan program
- Additional Grant Aide Supplement
- Mentoring for students
- Assistance choosing the right classes
- Financial Literacy
- Increases retention and graduation rates