You may know exactly what career you want to pursue when you graduate. Or you may be unsure about what career path to follow—or even what to major in.
Our Career Planning resources can help you create your own plan: from your studies here at UMass Dartmouth, to internships and experiences, to the career you want to have.
Remember: CDC Career Counselors are ready to meet with you for individual assistance. Contact us for an appointment.
TypeFocus and Vault are available to current students in the myUMassD portal
- Increased self-awareness can help you pursue a satisfying career.
- Learn more about your personality type with TypeFocus.
- Internship Database – find thousands of ratings and reviews of internship programs, requirements, sample interview questions, how to apply and more.
- Vault Job Board – search thousands of new jobs and internships posted daily, sign up for alerts based on your criteria, complete a profile and be seen by top employers and recruiters.
- Company Profiles – rankings and reviews on industry reputation, career advancement, quality of life, salary & benefits, interview process and more.
- Vault Guides – over 100 titles of award-winning career guides, including interview strategies, job-search tips, and full-length profiles of leading companies.
More career planning resources
Don't wait until your senior year to think about your professional development. Increase your prospects for success with a plan for success.
Trying to decide between two majors? Not sure whether your major will lead to a promising career? Find out more about majors and careers.
Published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the OOH profiles hundreds of occupations and describes what they do, how to prepare for those careers, employment projections, and more.
The O*NET database contains information on hundreds of standardized and occupation-specific descriptors and is the basis for Career Exploration Tools: a set of assessment instruments for workers and students looking to find or change careers.
92% of employers will "Google" you before they hire you. Learn how to manage your online reputation and portray yourself in the best light.