The Career Development Center is ready to assist you
- Publicize your jobs and internships
- Expand your workforce with qualified, enthusiastic applicants
- Meet potential candidates at career fairs and other campus events
Learn more about our services . . . or get in touch!
CareerLink is a comprehensive online career services manager that provides students and employers easy access to career services. Employers can:
- post jobs
- bundle resumes for open positions
- schedule on-campus recruiting
CONNECTLink for internships
CONNECTLink is a one-stop portal for employers to publicize internships to CONNECT colleges and universities in southeastern Massachusetts: UMass Dartmouth, Bridgewater State University, Bristol Community College, Cape Cod Community College, and Massasoit Community College.
CONNECTLink is an efficient way for companies to:
- access the talent on our campuses
- expand experiential learning opportunities for students
Internships: Paid or Unpaid?
There has been a lot of news surrounding unpaid internships. The recent ruling against Fox Searchlight Pictures by the U.S. District Court will undoubtedly have an effect on the number of unpaid internships and may ultimately push employers to offer more paid internship opportunities. Paying an intern an hourly rate is the most common form of compensation; however, it is not the only way. If you are a small or non-profit business, or simply do not have the budget, think about these creative ways to compensate your intern:
- Bonuses–Use these as incentives and make them prove themselves as a valuable commodity.
- Stipend–How about a monthly stipend? This money can help defray some of the student’s costs for travel and other out of pocket expenses.
- Pay for transportation, parking, and tolls–Gas prices are at all time high and helping to reduce these costs can really help.
- Gift Cards–Employers can often get these at a bulk discount when purchasing large orders. Students love them and they are just as good as $$$.
- Scholarships–Help them to lower the cost of their education.
- Professional Development Conferences Fees/Dues–Students love to network and learn new skills. These kinds of opportunities are valuable to students and offer a great way to gain experience.
- One Time Payment–At the end of their experience, offer a onetime check as a "Thank You."
Please remember that it is the policy of UMass Dartmouth to comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Career Fairs and Recruiting Events
Meet competent and qualified students and alumni at the career events we schedule throughout the year.
Annual Job & Internship Expo-March 22, 2017
An excellent opportunity to meet talented students and alumni from each of our schools and colleges.
Job & Internship Fairs
The ideal opportunity to meet competent undergraduates and qualified recent graduates in specific fields, such as
- Nursing, Health & Behavioral Science