Frquently asked questions about the Career Development Center's services.
Where is the Career Development Center located?
The CDC is located on the ground floor of the Campus Center, immediately to your left upon passing through the lower-level entrance. If you’ve ever been to the Campus Store or UMass Pass, you've walked by our office.
Where can I find help with a resume or cover letter?
- Access the the online Resume Builder at CareerLink.
- Schedule an appointment with the CDC for private, individualized assistance by calling 508.999.8658.
How do I find a full-time job or internship?
- Search the jobs and internships available on CareerLink.
- Inquire with your department chair.
- Attend the many career fairs hosted by the CDC throughout the year.
- Call us for an appointment: 508.999.8658.
I’m not sure what I should choose for a major, or what career path I should choose. What do I do?
Complete the TypeFocus online assessment. It’s short, it's easy, and it’s fun. TypeFocus will give you a list of majors and careers for which you might be well-suited.
Still confused? Call the CDC at 508.999.8658 to schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor.
I just scheduled a job interview. I’m excited, but nervous, too. What should I do?
- Stop by the CDC to pick up some helpful hints and information.
- Learn interview skills and practice mock interviews online at Big Interview.
- Call and schedule an appointment for a mock interview with a Career Counselor: 508.999.8658.
What happens at a Career Fair?
You'll have a chance to meet with recruiters seeking to fill open jobs and internships. They’ll take your resume and shake your hand. They’ll talk to you and give you their business cards. They may even offer you an on-the-spot interview, so be sure to dress for success and make sure your resume is career-ready.
How do I find a Work-Study job?
- Search the positions available via Student Employment.
- Attend our Work ‘n Serve Job Fair in September.
I wasn’t awarded Federal Work-Study. How do I find local, part-time employment?
- Search the opportunities available on CareerLink.
- Schedule an appointment for private career counseling.
- Attend our annual Work ‘n Serve Job Fair in September.
I've already graduated. Can I still get help?
Absolutely. Just call our office: 508.999.8658. We’ll be happy to help with your resume, cover letter, job search, or career transition. And you will always be welcome at our career fairs.