The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) is the largest college at UMass Dartmouth, offering 21 majors and enrolling nearly half of all undergraduate students. Our five graduate programs are highly competitive because of the individually tailored academic experiences. The School of Education is housed within the college and offers graduate degrees and teacher licensure programs. In addition, CAS offers online undergraduate and graduate degrees.
A UMass Dartmouth degree in the arts and sciences exposes you to new ideas, various cultures, and creative encounters. You’ll develop and hone the critical thinking and problem-solving skills essential for your success in your career and in life. It is our intention to help you learn to integrate theoretical knowledge and practical learning experiences to prepare you for a changing world.
- BA or BS degree programs in 21 majors with a variety of options
- Minors in 19 areas that add depth and richness to your education
- All undergraduates participate in University Studies, a unique general education program
- Undergraduate research opportunities and internship placements
- Nationally recognizedcommunity service learning and engagement opportunities
- Career and graduate school advising
- Graduate degrees in Biology, Chemistry, English, Portuguese, Psychology and Public Policy and in Educational Leadership, Math Education, and Teaching
- Small classes with renowned faculty
- Close collaboration with faculty on advanced study, research, and creative work
- Well-orchestrated experiential learning opportunities
Undergraduate fields of study
*Only offered as a minor.
Learn more about our Academic Departments