- February 2016: Congratulations to Dr. Jennifer Koop who received a grant from the National Geographic Research and Exploration Committee for work on reconstructing the invasion route of a parasitic nest fly to the Galapagos Islands.
- January 2016: Graduate student Gregory Costa was awarded a UMass Dartmouth Distinguished Doctoral Fellowship (2016- 2019) to pursue his doctoral studies in the Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology Ph.D. program under the mentorship of Dr. Erin Bromage.
- December 2015: Dr. Jennifer Koop recently published a paper titled "Introduced parasitic fly may lead to local extinction of Darwin’s finch populations" in the Journal of Applied Ecology. The article has been featured by a number of national and international news agencies, including BBC.
- December 2015: Dr. Nancy O’Connor won the Leo M. Sullivan Teacher of the Year Award in December 2015.
- September 2015: Graduate Student Lucy McCully presented her research at the American Society for Microbiology Pseudomonas meeting held in Washington D.C. September 2015
- August 2015: Graduate student Lucy McCully was awarded a UMass Dartmouth Distinguished Doctoral Fellowship (2015-2018) to pursue her doctoral studies in the Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology Ph.D. program under the mentorship of Dr. Mark Silby.
- August 2015: Dr. Nancy O'Connor and Dr. Tara Rajaniemi were awarded a grant from the National Science Foundation to host a Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) site at UMass Dartmouth. Student research will focus on Integrative Marine Biology. We look forward to welcoming the first cohort of students in the summer of 2016. For more information, click here. To apply, click here.
- August 2015: We welcome Jennifer Koop as a Assistant Professor in the Department this year. Dr. Koop will teach Evolutionary Biology to upper-level Biology Majors.
- Former graduate student Johanna Blasi and Dr. Nancy O’Connor recently published a paper in the Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology based on Jo’s master’s thesis research.