The Economics Department offers many online resources and documents to help students in their academic careers.
Join the Economics Association and become involved in economics activities in the community and the University outside of the classroom. Visit the Economics Association's site for more information.
Economic Sites of Interest on the Internet
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - The economy at a glance
- The Economic Report of the President - Searchable archives of The Economic Report of the President from 1995 to present.
- Economic and Social statistics, charts - The latest Federal Government statistics
- Economic Indicators
- Federal Agencies Directory
- FedStats - One-stop shopping for Federal Government data
- Library of Congress
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- Statistical Abstract of the United States - A collection of statistics on social and economic conditions in the United States.
- U.S. Census Bureau - A source for social, demographic, and economic information
- US Department of Commerce - Information about commerce and trade
- US Department of Health and Human Services - Information about health care and social services
- US Department of Labor - Information about labor markets.
- US Department of the Treasury - Information about US Treasury programs and activities
Federal Reserve Banks:
- Kansas City
- New York
- St. Louis
- San Francisco
- Federal Reserve System Board of Governors
- Fed in Print
- The Economist - The homepage of The Economist, an international weekly journal, containing a limited selection of articles from the current issue.
- USA Today - A frequently updated online version of USA Today, featuring news, business, sports, and entertainment.
Working Papers Archives:
Data Sources and Miscellaneous Sites of Interest:
- CRSP Data Access - Information from the Center for Research and Security Prices by Don Cram
- Sample Programs for CRSP Data Access via SAS - Don Cram
- Currency Converter - Convert one currency to another using the most current exchange rates.
- Dismal Scientist - Economics analysis and data for the world
- EDIRC (Economics Departments, Institutes, and Research Centers in the World) - Over 2000 institutions from 108 countries are listed.
- Financial Data Finder - From Ohio State University.
- ICPSR - Information about ICPSR (Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research) data sets.
- Data Archive - Journal of Applied Econometrics.
- National Debt Clock - The size of the United States national debt at this very moment.
- Econometric Links - Marius Ooms' links to depts., people, journals, software.
- Panel Study of Income Dynamics - Information about the data sets.
- Resources for Economists on the Internet - a list of many interesting economic resources.
- WebEc - Free economics resources on the Web organized by JEL field.
- US Economics Departments on the Internet - A fairly comprehensive list of the home pages of US college economics departments