UMass Dartmouth’s Master in Professional Writing program meets a growing demand for professional and technical writers who can:
- Excel in the communication of information and ideas
- Research and assess audience needs
- Develop materials, using a range of tools and media
- Collaborate in and lead teams
We offer competitive stipends and tuition credits:
- Teaching Fellowships in business and technical communication
- Graduate Assistantships in writing center programming, public relations, grant writing, and web authoring
Our graduates have gotten full-time positions in business, technical, and science writing.
- Communications Consultant
- Technical Writer
- Social Media Coordinator
- Grant Writer
- Document and Web Designer
- Content Strategist
- Public Outreach Specialist
- Writer/Editor/Internet Systems Developer
Master in Professional Writing
You have the opportunity to write in many different genres, and you have the ability to focus on a particular professional area while earning a Master of Arts degree.
Master of Arts in Teaching in Secondary English
You will be immersed in a rigorous and comprehensive interdisciplinary program designed to provide you with the background, tools, and knowledge necessary to engage in effective and creative teaching in today's K-12 classrooms.
Graduate Certificate in Professional Writing
You will develop new professional writing skills while taking 4 courses that place a special emphasis on practical work tailored to your work setting, situation, and community.
Accelerated Master in Professional Writing Program
This option is only available for UMass Dartmouth undergraduate English majors. Students complete either the Master of Arts in Professional Writing or the Master of Arts in Teaching Secondary English in only one additional year of study.