Our undergraduate program offers majors and minors in both French and Spanish as well as an opportunity to concentrate in either French or Spanish within the Liberal Arts major. Our program provides students with both interactional and linguistic proficiency in these languages and introduces students to Francophone and Hispanic cultures and literatures. To this end, the undergraduate program is committed to providing education and training in world languages, cultures and literatures as well as in the areas of linguistics and applied linguistics. Our aims and objectives enable students to:
- develop communicative ability in these languages
- comprehend the relationship between literary creations and the values and perspectives of diverse societies
- understand the relationship between cultural practices and the values and perspectives of diverse societies.
- develop an awareness of political, historical, business, artistic, religious and ecological developments in these societies.
- compare and contrast U.S. and French/Spanish/Hispanic creations, practices and values.
- participate in community service programs
- explore higher levels of intellectual interests
- meet local, regional and/or national needs
For more information on Majors, Minors, and Concentrations, click here.
For more information on our Language Program Objectives, click here.
For more information on the French Program, click here.
For more information on the Spanish Program, click here.
See for information on undergraduate programs at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.