Any degree candidate who has at least 54 credits with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 and at least 2.5 grade point average in his or her major may request admission to the minor in history. This request must be approved by the Department Chairperson. Upon admission students will be assigned an advisor.
1. 18 credits in history as follows:
- HST 201 Critical Skills for History Majors required;
- No more than 6 credits at the 100 level;
- At least 9 credits of 300-400 level courses;
- Three credits in a seminar in History: either HST 401,402 or 403.
2. A student who maintains a 2.0 average in his/her history courses (for the minor) will have the successful completion of a minor in history noted on his or her transcript.