HSS Degree Requirements
- A total of 120 credits is required for the BA.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in all courses is required.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in all courses used to satisfy the HSS Major requirements is required.
- The HSS Major requires 36 credits in Humanities and Social Sciences courses. Of these 36 credits, at least 24 credits must be at the 300 or 400 level. No 100-level courses may be used to satisfy the HSS Major. Note also that the University-wide requirement of a minimum of 30 credits in courses at the 300 or 400 level applies, so if fewer than 30 credits in 300- or 400-level courses are taken for the HSS major, the remaining credits must still be completed.
- Distribution of the 36 HSS credits: (A) at least 6 credits must be taken in each of TWO of the fields in the Humanities AND at least 6 credits must be taken in each of TWO of the fields in the Social Sciences. (B) In one of the four fields, a total of 12 credits must be completed including a 400-level course. The 2-2-2-4 distribution of courses totals 30 credits; the remaining six credits required for the HSS Major may be taken in any of the HSS disciplines.
Download the HSS Degree Requirements Worksheet (PDF)