Advising for LAR Majors
If you are an LAR major following the new curriculum, you declared your major after September 1, 2007. Below, you will find advising forms that stipulate University (General Education), Degree (B.A. in College of Arts & Sciences), and Major (LAR) requirements. You can print out forms below. Read them carefully, and ask for help if anything is unclear. Although your advisor and COIN will help you, it is ultimately your responsibility to track completion of requirements.
Please seek out your LAR advisor each semester for help staying on top of required courses. You can find your advisor’s name on COIN. If you do not have an advisor, see Director Shari Evans for your assignment as an advisee.
- Anupama Arora, Assistant Professor, English
- Jerry Blitefield, Associate Professor, English
- Tom Boone, Associate Professor, Psychology
- Michelle Cheyne, Assistant Professor, Foreign Literature and Languages
- Rob Darst, Associate Professor, Political Science
- Shari Evans, Assistant Professor, English
- Anna Klobucka, Associate Professor, Portuguese
- Richard Larschan, Professor, English
- Bill Nelles, Professor, English
- Stephanie O'Hara, Assistant Professor, Foreign Literature and Languages
- Jen Riley, Associate Professor, English
- Doug Roscoe, Associate Professor, Political Science
LAR Major Advising Forms:
LAR Major Requirements: (2) core courses plus (2) concentrations
- Humanities (choose one concentration)
- Social Sciences (choose one concentration)
University (GenEd) and College (C.A.S. – B.A.) Requirements (LAR Degree Requirements)
Note: Many LAR courses or electives have pre-requisites not shown on advising forms. You are responsible for identifying and fulfilling any pre-requisites before attempting to register for upper-level classes in your concentration areas.