The minor in mathematics comprises a central core of required courses followed by opportunities for advanced work and some specialization. Any student of the university is eligible for the designation “Minor in Mathematics” upon completion of the following requirements. Each course for the minor must be completed with a grade of C- or better, and the student must maintain at least a C average (2.0 GPA) in the minor program.
Math Core - Twelve (12) credits required.
- MTH 111 - Analytic Geometry and Calculus I
- MTH 112 - Analytic Geometry and Calculus II
- MTH 211 - Analytic Geometry and Calculus III
Math - Three (3) credits required from one of the following courses:
- MTH 212 - Differential Equations I 3 credits
- MTH 221 - Linear Algebra 3 credits
- MTH 227 - Linear Algebra for Applied Science 3 credits
- Nine (9) credits required (3 courses at 3 credits each) 300 level or higher.
Total credits: 24