The Environmental Policy Certificate offers an excellent opportunity to achieve advanced knowledge and professional certification in the formulation and implementation of policies that achieve sustainable operations. It is offered by the Department of Public Policy at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
The Certificate in Environmental Policy introduces students to environmental issues of local, state, regional, national, and global concern.
- To provide an understanding of the major ecological issues.
- To develop students' critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on policy analysis.
- To foster the development and implementation of environmentally sound policies and practices.
Successful completion of the certificate: should enhance a student's current career or aid in the development of new job skills; is a substantial positive consideration for students who subsequently apply to the full Master's in Public Policy program; and waives the GRE requirement for the MPP Program.
Courses completed with an average GPA of 3.0 or better in the certificate program will count toward the Master's degree.
Learn about the online learning experience from Environmental Policy Certificate program students.
- Environmental Policy Fact Sheet
- Curriculum and Objectives
- Tuition and fees
- Graduation rates, median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information
For additional information concerning the Environmental Policy Certificate,
Contact Professor Chad McGuire, JD, LL.M.
Program Faculty Advisor