The Environmental Policy Certificate offers an excellent opportunity to achieve advanced knowledge and professional certification in the formulation and implementation of policies that achieve sustainable operations. It is offered by the Department of Public Policy in the School of Education, Public Policy and Civic Engagement at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
The Certificate in Environmental Policy introduces students to environmental issues of local, state, regional, national, and global concern.
- To provide an understanding of the major ecological issues
- To develop students' critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on policy analysis
- To foster the development and implementation of environmentally sound policies and practices
Successful completion of the certificate should enhance a student's current career or aid in the development of new job skills. Successful completion of the Certificate is a substantial positive consideration for students who subsequently apply to the full Master's in Public Policy program. Courses completed with an average GPA of 3.0 or better in the Certificate will count toward the Master's degree.
Learn about the online learning experience from Environmental Policy Certificate program students.
- Environmental Policy Fact Sheet
- Curriculum and Objectives
- Tuition and fees
- Graduation rates, median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information
For additional information concerning the Environmental Policy Certificate, please contact the program faculty advisor:
Professor Chad McGuire, JD, LL.M.
Please review admissions before applying.
Online programs and courses are offered by the Departments and Colleges of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth through UMass Dartmouth University Extension.