Degree Completion Program
UMass Dartmouth's Liberal Arts program offers a fully online degree completion program to students who wish to earn a multidisciplinary degree. Students who complete the program receive a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts.
Why major in Liberal Arts?
The Liberal Arts degree completion program offers students opportunities to learn a variety of skills in multiple subject areas. Courses allow students to:
- gain a broad-based understanding of human activities, institutions, and societies
- develop their ability to think and write critically in the classical tradition of the liberal arts
Given its broad academic scope, the Liberal Arts degree provides the foundation for long-term career development and change.
Many of the fields included in the Liberal Arts major can lead to exciting careers such as:
- politics or public policy
- social work
- human resources
Who Should Apply?
Eligible students for the Degree Completion Program have either of the following:
- 45-60 credits from an accredited community college
- 75 credits at an accredited university
Students with 45-75 credits may be accepted through the UMass Dartmouth transfer credit policy.
Please review Admissions before applying.
Online programs and courses are offered by the Departments and Colleges of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth through UMass Dartmouth University Extension.