Why major in Liberal Arts?
- Learn a variety of skills in multiple subject areas
- Gain a broad-based understanding of human activities, institutions, and societies
- Develop the ability to think and write critically in the classical tradition of the liberal arts
Online Liberal Arts Degree Completion students declare a concentration when applying to the program. Within your concentration, you will develop your abilities to read, think and write critically, as well as communicate effectively in various formats such as argument, analysis, exposition, and oral presentation.
- English Literature and Criticism
- History Fact Sheet
- Political Science Fact Sheet
- Sociology Fact Sheet
- WGS Degree Completion Program Fact Sheet
Given its broad academic scope, the Liberal Arts degree provides the foundation for long-term career development and change.
Many of the fields included in the Liberal Arts major can lead to exciting careers such as:
- politics or public policy
- social work
- human resources
Who Should Apply?
You can complete your degree if you have community college or university credits.
Community College: we may accept up to 60 credits including Mass transfer
4-year college: we may accept up to 75 credits
Please review admissions before applying.
Online programs and courses are offered by the Departments and Colleges of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth through UMass Dartmouth University Extension.