Political Science Concentration (PSC)
The Political Science concentration provides students with the opportunity to develop an understanding of political institutions and processes in a global community. The program examines the impact of government upon the life of the individual and of individual citizens upon government.
Political Science Curriculum
- Two pre-requisite 100-level courses chosen from:
- PSC 101 (American)
- 151 (Comparative)
- 161 (International Relations)
- 171 (Introduction to Theory)
- Three 300-level or higher courses from at least two of the following 4 subfield areas:
- International Relations
- Courses are identified by the subfield area they fit into based on the course schedule.
Note: Many concentration courses have pre-requisite courses. It is the student’s responsibility to complete these courses. It is strongly recommended that you take courses in the listed sequence.
Online programs and courses are offered by the Departments and Colleges of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth through UMass Dartmouth University Extension.