Collect the information needed to complete the online application
- Personal information, including social security number and family information
- Your emergency contact information
- Green card number if you are a permanent resident
- Visa status if you are an international applicant
- Your high school attendance and graduation dates
- If you have attended other colleges before applying to UMass Dartmouth, have those attendance dates and (if applicable) graduation dates available
Payment of a $60 application fee is needed to complete your application. We currently accept Visa and MasterCard for payment of the non-refundable fee. Please have your credit card ready at the time you start your online application.
Additional Materials Required
Degree completion programs build on the foundation of college-level work that students have completed before they come to UMass Dartmouth. Typically, degree completion students transfer in 45 or more credits. The additional materials listed below are required both to help us confirm that you meet admission requirements and to advise you how best to complete the BA degree based on your transfer credit review.
The requirements for transfer admission:
- Students with 45-75 credits may be accepted in degree completion programs through the UMass Dartmouth transfer credit policy.
- You will need to submit official transcripts of all previous college or university courses for which you enrolled
- If you currently are enrolled in any courses, you will need to provide a list including institution, course number, course title, and number of credits
- Photocopies of catalog pages with course descriptions for the work you have completed, to help us evaluate your college/university transcripts properly. Mark the courses you have taken and the college name on each page; failure to submit this information may result in our not being able to award credit
Test Scores if required
- SAT I/ACT scores if you apply with fewer that 30 college credits to transfer
- TOEFL scores if you are an international student (see below)
Personal Essay (Optional)
- If there is any additional information you would like us to consider concerning your application or your goals for your degree completion program, you are welcome to submit a personal essay of up to three pages.
For International applicants, in addition to the application for admission, the following are required:
- A transcript of high school courses and grades, translated into English
- Results of the SAT or ACT
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), unless the student has attended a school in which the language of instruction is English for at least one year
- Declaration and Certification of Finances (PDF)
- An essay or personal statement
- For students being sponsored by agencies, companies, or other organizations: an affidavit of support, signed by an appropriate official
After you apply online, you will receive your student identification number from UMass Dartmouth. Please write your name and your student identification number on every item you send either by email or postal mail.
Mail materials to:
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300
For notification of upcoming courses, announcements, or if you have any questions regarding any Women's & Gender Studies online programs, please contact:
Dr. Catherine Gardner
Director of WGS
Administrative Assistant of WGS
Online programs and courses are offered by the Departments and Colleges of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth through UMass Dartmouth University Extension.