Students choosing to Minor in Political Science must achieve at least a 2.5 average in all Political Science courses and at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average. Students must formally declare the minor by the end of their fifth semester and must have earned at least 54 credits. Appropriate forms will be available from faculty advisors in the Political Science department.
Important note: courses offered by Policy Studies ("PST" courses) do not count towards Political Science major or minor requirements!
REQUIREMENTSThe minor in political science consists of 21 credits. Minor course credits must be taken with at least three different professors.
Nine (9) credits required.
- PSC 101 - Introduction to American Politics
- PSC 151 - Introduction to Comparative Politics
- PSC 161 - Introduction to International Relations
Political Science Electives
Six (6) credits required at the 300 - 400 level.
Three (3) credits required.
- PSC 171 - Introduction to Political Theory
- PSC 320 - American Political Thought I
- PSC 321 - American Political Thought II
- PSC 351 - Modern Political Thought
- PSC 352 - Classical Political Thought
- PSC 353 - Non-Western Political Thought
- PSC 354 - Contemporary Political Thought
- PSC 357 - Marxian Political Theory
- PSC 400 - Seminar: Topics in American Politics & Policy
Three (3) credits required. (PSC 349 Research Methods prerequisite waived for PSC minors)
Total credits: 21