The General Psychology option is a two-year, 36-credit program. This program is typically full-time, but can accommodate students who wish to pursue the program part-time, or on other timetables.
The following courses are required (24 credits).
- PSY 502 - Statistical Methods in Psychology
- PSY 506 - Advanced Research Design
- PSY 513 - Seminar: Topics
- PSY 513 Seminar: Memory (3 credits) PSY 513 Seminar: Cognition
- PSY 517 - Psychology of Close Relationships
- PSY 518 - Cognitive Neuroscience
- PSY 596 - Graduate Thesis
The following courses are electives: 12 credits required
- Up to 6 credits of 400-level courses. Choices must be approved by Graduate Program Director of General MA option.
- PSY 504 - Topics in Child Development
- PSY 521 - Behavior Modification and Behavior Therapy
- PSY 523 - Behavioral Medicine
- PSY 580 - Graduate Seminar in Psychology
- PSY 595 - Independent Study
Total Credits: 36