STEM Education and Teacher development is the home to exciting and innovative programs in teacher preparation and mathematics education. We offer:
- Masters of Arts Teaching with Initial Licensure
- Masters of Arts Teaching with Professional Licensure
- English as a Second Language Certificate Program
- Special Education Add-on License
- Mathematics Education PhD
For current and prospective teachers, we have programs that focus on developing reflective practitioners who are prepared to meet the needs of diverse populations in a variety of settings. Our offerings include pathways to both initial and professional licensure in a variety of academic fields, as well as preparation for endorsement in English as a Second Language and Special Education.
The Ph.D. in Mathematics Education focuses on developing researchers and leaders prepared to tackle the challenges of teaching and learning in mathematics. This program is integrally connected to the Kaput Center for Research and Innovation in STEM Education.