The major in Women's and Gender Studies comprises 36 credits (12 classes):
- Five (5) core courses for 15 credit hours
- WGS 101: Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies. Offered every semester.
- WGS 201: Introduction to Feminist Theory. Offered in the fall semester.
- WGS 312: Feminist Research Methods. Offered in the fall semester.
- One upper-level Feminist Theory course. Offered in the spring semester. Prerequisite: WGS 201.
- WGS 499: WGS Capstone Seminar. Offered in the spring semester.
- One (1) course in each of the following concentration areas for a total of 12 credit hours
- Two (2) additional courses in one of the four concentration areas (6 credit hours)
- An internship / or / one elective WGS course (3 credit hours)
Note: 7 of the 12 courses must be at the upper level (300/400 level courses), including 312 and 499
Do you want to major in Women's and Gender Studies? Please contact Prof. Heidi Berggren, Chair of Women's and Gender Studies, ext. 8272, LArts 328. [ Undergraduate Major/Minor/Concentration Add/Change/Drop Form ]