The major in Women's and Gender Studies comprises 36 credits (12 classes):
- Five (5) core courses for 15 credit hours
- WGS 101: Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies. Offered every semester.
- WGS 201: Introduction to Feminist Theory. Offered in the fall semester.
- WGS 312: Feminist Research Methods. Offered in the fall semester.
- One upper-level Feminist Theory course. Offered in the spring semester. Prerequisite: WGS 201.
- WGS 499: WGS Capstone Seminar. Offered in the spring semester.
- One (1) course in each of the following concentration areas for a total of 12 credit hours
- Two (2) additional courses in one of the four concentration areas (6 credit hours)
- An internship / or / one elective WGS course (3 credit hours)
Note: 7 of the 12 courses must be at the upper level (300/400 level courses), including 312 and 499
Do you want to major in Women's and Gender Studies? Please contact either Prof. Heidi Berggren, Co-Chair of Women's and Gender Studies, ext. 8272, LArts 328, or Prof. Stephanie O'Hara, Co-Chair of Women's and Gender Studies, ext. 8336, LArts 352.