You must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university to apply for the MBA. Your application will be considered based on the following materials:
- Graduate application form
- Application fee (credit card if using the web application; otherwise, check or money order)
- GMAT test score* (or an equivalent test)
- Your resume
- Statement of purpose: a 1-2 page essay describing your motivation and goals in studying for the MBA
- Official college transcripts (listing courses taken, grades and degree(s) received)**
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from a faculty member and one from an employer
- International students: TOEFL score report (official copy from ETS)
*The GMAT requirement may be waived if certain criteria are met.
** Students must provide original transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended showing grades.
You may send all items together (preferred) or separately, via email or mail. We must have all items to evaluate your application.
Send materials to
Graduate Studies Office
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300
- An earned baccalaureate degree in a business major from a business program accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.5.
- An earned terminal graduate degree (PhD, MD, JD, DNP, DBA, etc.) from an accredited institution.
- Licensure in the United States as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Financial Planner. Other certification programs may also qualify for this waiver at the discretion of UMass Dartmouth.
- An earned baccalaureate degree in any major from an accredited institution with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 and minimum five (5) years' of postbaccalaureate professional managerial work experience, including supervisory roles, with increased responsibility over that time period.
- An earned Business Foundations certificate from UMass Dartmouth with a GPA of 3.50 or higher and earned grades of B- and above in the four certificate courses.
Applicants whose GMAT requirement is waived may still be required to take Foundation courses prior to beginning the MBA coursework.
Download the Petition for GMAT Waiver form