To complete the International Business Graduate Certificate, students must fulfill the following curriculum coursework:
- POM 675: International Supply Chain Management
- MKT 672: International Business and Multinational Enterprises
- FIN 672: International Finance Management
Students will generally take all three of the courses listed above (POM 675, MKT 672, and FIN 672), and they will choose one of the two from the following list (MGT 600 and MGT 675). A student who is waived from taking one of the first three courses will take both MGT 600 and MGT 675.
One or more business foundation courses may be required for applicants who have not completed an equivalent course at the upper-division undergraduate or graduate business level as part of an undergraduate baccalaureate degree program.
Choose One of the Following:
- MGT 600: Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Law
- MGT 675: Managing Across Cultures
Total number of required credits: 12
The International Business Graduate Certificate is a one-year certificate program although part-time students may take 4 or more semesters to complete the program. The maximum length of time a student may stay enrolled in the IB Certificate is 10 years.
Students will only receive credit for courses if they receive a final grade of B- (2.7) or higher. No course with a final grade of less than B- (2.7) will count toward the Certificate in International Business graduation requirements.
The International Business Graduate Certificate program develops skills that enable individuals to understand and successfully adapt to a dynamic, global marketplace. The program’s graduates will:
- Develop an understanding of cultural differences
- Examine the environmental impacts of business operations
- Gain knowledge of global marketing and finance
- Develop an understanding of different legal and regulatory systems
Online programs and courses are offered by the Departments and Colleges of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth through UMass Dartmouth University Extension.