Offered as: major
Build a solid foundation for your career through knowledge of marketing fundamentals and a variety of hands-on experiences, in the classroom and in the field. As a marketing major, you'll explore all phases of marketing and distributing products and services throughout the global economy—with a focus on understanding consumers and acquiring information for decision-making.
Learn how to:
- identify potential markets
- develop marketing and pricing strategies
- estimate the demand for products and services
- integrate e-commerce and social media into marketing strategies
- conduct primary and secondary marketing research
- lead marketing communications and sales presentations
- perform statistical analyses
Our graduates are well prepared for careers as marketing directors, public relations and advertising managers, research analysts, sales managers, and directors of marketing communications.
Our curriculum emphasizes knowledge and competence in marketing that will enable you to succeed in your career. Courses are oriented toward problem-solving and management decision-making. You'll be ready to:
- evaluate an organization's objectives
- analyze internal and external environments
- create effective marketing strategies and tactics
For the BS in marketing, you'll complete total 120 credit hours, consisting of University Studies courses, business foundation courses and accounting courses.
Full time undergraduate—face-to-face classes for traditional, undergraduate degree seekers.
Online—Transfer credits or earn your degree completely online. Learn more about our fully online program.
- Gain hands-on work experience through Charlton's internship programs
- Work directly with clients on a range of projects at our Center for Marketing Research
- Consult with faculty and career advisors to identify where you want to go in your career—and how to get there
- Put your knowledge into action with student organizations such as Enactus and DECA
- Benefit from advanced management and leadership education through Charlton's 30 credit MBA program for business majors.
- Integrate advanced management study with a law school education through the joint MBA/JD program with UMass Law.
Related academic areas
Anthony Natoli '14
Read Anthony's story
- Avis Budget Group
- Kraft Sports Group
- Providence Bruins
- RI Novelty
- University Marketing, UMassD
- Your Sports Marketing Group
- Fidelity Investments
Chair, Management & Marketing
Charlton College of Business, Room 324
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.