Bright career outlook
Spurred by intense domestic and global competition in products and services offered to consumers, employment of marketing professionals is expected to increase faster than the average for all occupations through 2016.
For the fastest areas of growth, look to careers in scientific, professional, and technology-related services.
Marketing: professional overview
- develop a firm's marketing strategy
- estimate the demand for products and services
- analyze market competitors
- identify potential markets
- develop pricing strategies
In collaboration with other business professionals, marketing managers also monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services and oversee product development.
Marketing at UMass Dartmouth
CCB’s marketing curriculum prepares you for a successful career in the many phases of marketing and distributing products and services throughout the global economy—with a focus on consumers and acquiring information for decision making. You’ll be ready to:
- evaluate an organization’s objectives
- analyze internal and external environments
- create effective marketing strategies and tactics
Courses are oriented toward problem-solving and management decision-making. The total curriculum emphasizes knowledge and competence in marketing that will enable you to progress well in the early stages of your career:
- develop the ability to analyze, plan, organize, motivate, and control
- think creatively—and communicate effectively
- gain the broad perspectives essential for executive management responsibilities
Types of positions
More info: www.bls.gov/oco/
Average starting salary: $42,499