Charlton's student organizations provide opportunities for students to serve in leadership positions and to learn more about their fields of study.
Each organization is guided by a faculty advisor and is supported by targeted donations, fund-raising activities, and allocations from the Student Senate.
Meetings are open to all students. Meeting announcements are posted near business classrooms and faculty offices. Guest speakers from local business provide real-world context to materials learned in the classroom.
More information about each organization:
- Beta Alpha Psi is a national accounting and finance honor society that helps students prepare for careers in accounting and finance. Area employers and alumni discuss career options in corporate accounting, auditing, and government accounting. Beta Alpha Psi and Student Accounting Association events can be attended by all accounting and finance majors.
- Beta Gamma Sigma is the international honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student can receive in an AACSB-accredited program.
- In the Finance Club, students learn how to apply their knowledge and to enhance their resume through participation and leadership opportunities.
- The International Business Association (IBA) builds social and professional bridges between UMD students and students abroad. In addition to comprehensive research trips abroad, IBA members visit major local cities to study international business practices and to participate in seminars and forums focusing on the impact of trade agreements on local industry.
- Net Impact provides opportunities to learn more about the growing field of corporate social responsibility. Its members are students and professionals who are committed to using business for a positive social, environmental, and economic impact. Students develop new skills through nonprofit capacity-building projects in the community, workplace, and on campus.
- OMIS promotes and enhances Operations Management and Management Information Systems education. The club's goals are to cultivate future job prospects for students and to provide networking and internships via invited speakers, plant visits, and projects.
- Rotaract is a student-run community service organization sponsored by the Fall River, New Bedford, and Fairhaven Rotary Clubs. Through involvement in various service events, Rotaract members have the opportunity to network with local business professionals, give back to the community, acquire leadership skills, grow personally and professionally, and forge lifetime friendships.
- Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) is a worldwide, non-profit organization that partners with various businesses and institutions of higher education to better local communities. In developing community outreach projects that promote financial literacy, market economics, success skills, business ethics and entrepreneurship, student teams are able to direct what they are learning in the classroom toward solving real world problems.
- Collegiate DECA was founded in 2011, Collegiate DECA @UMassD is a student driven organization that values competence, innovation, integrity, and teamwork. We prepare students for careers by integrating skills learned in the classroom into real world experiences by getting students academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leaders. Collegiate DECA conferences and other activities give students unique access to internships, scholarships, competition, and professional networking. Students and the organization have already earned international accolades, including first place at ICDC. http://www.facebook.com/UMassDartmouthDECA