Location: Library third floor
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To provide technical expertise to all segments of the University and maintain data integrity in all administrative systems.
- Design and develop interfaces to other campuses and central services to support cross-campus systems integration.
- Provide integration between commercial, open source, and in-house developed software and web applications.
- Provide web application integration with other CITS departments and UMass Central Services.
- Provide integration between administrative systems and learning management systems.
Coordination and implementation
- Coordinate and/or implement campus systems.
- Implement and support new administrative systems.
- Administer FTP account and web site accounts.
- Configure, maintain, and upgrade web server/systems.
- Provide leadership in determining integrated solutions to meet campus needs.
- Provide hardware and software purchasing recommendations.
- Advise campus community on technical web issues.
- Research and test new and emerging web technologies.
- Develop web database applications.
- Design and administer web databases.
Maintenance and support
- Facilitate enhancements to current system implementations.
- Maintain and support legacy systems by troubleshooting problems and applying enhancements and upgrades.
- Provide reporting solution support and training to administrative and academic offices.
- Assist in identifying security needs for faculty, staff, and students.
- Prepare users for administrative system implementations and upgrades.