Locations: Library third floor and Library lower level
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To recommend, design, test, and maintain an efficient data networking, telecom and cable TV infrastructure for UMass Dartmouth, including the main campus, remote sites, residential and wireless.
- Provide network, telephone, and cable TV support for moves, additions and changes.
- Monitor the status of all network devices on the residential, main campus, and remote campus networks.
- Upgrade firmware on all network devices.
- Configure network devices for deployment into production.
- Install and upgrade new network devices for continuing the evolution of all the campus networks.
- Develop and maintain network, telephone, and cable TV connectivity.
- Develop and maintain wireless connectivity.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity.
- Respond to network abuse and copyright infringement complaints.
- Scan network for hosts that have been compromised or are vulnerable to hacker attacks.
- Create and maintain policies and controls for RealSecure Desktop Protector clients.
- Modify, add, and change firewall rules.
- Investigate and troubleshoot unusual network traffic patterns.
- Recommend and design /re-design existing or new building infrastructure for voice/data/cable TV networks.
- Test and evaluate new networking equipment for compatibility with current network infrastructure.
- Interface with vendors and contractors to facilitate accurate infrastructure installation.
- Evaluate new security tools to maintain the integrity of the network.
- Represent CITS at UMass system-wide and campus initiatives.