Faculty and Staff Support
Location: Library, Room 440
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Library first floor, at the Learning Commons
Hours Monday to Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
Location: Library, Room 440
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
To provide high-quality IT help desk services to our customers utilizing technology in University environments: for faculty and staff using University owned computers and related peripherals for university academic and business processes; and for students using university IT resources for academic and related pursuits. To provide efficient and effective telecommunications operations support to University faculty, staff and students and the general public seeking information from and about the UMass Dartmouth campus and remote locations.
- Retrieve, rebuild, install software, configure, deliver, transfer data, on new, leased, and existing University-owned computers.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot supported software on University-owned computers, personal computers, and related peripherals per licensing agreements.
- Provide front-line troubleshooting for University-owned technology.
- Maintain and repair computers, printers and computer-related peripherals in faculty and staff offices and CITS Learning Spaces.
- Provide recovery services from damaged hard drives and CPUs.
- Register, configure, provide access, and support network and local printers on campus.
- Manage desktop security programs including virus definition installs, operating system updates, virus removal, and repair of compromised machines.
- Coordinate with Access Management and Enterprise Systems Administration to manage user accounts.
- Provide loaner equipment to faculty and staff while equipment is repaired.
- Administer the Faculty Instructional Laptop Program (FILP)
Technical support and training
- Develop, implement, and maintain training and support programs for faculty, staff and students.
- Develop, deliver, and manage overall help desk and support services to students in IT learning spaces.
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures for IT learning spaces.
- Administer desktop security programs for student computers.
- Administer Residential Technology support programs to support residential students utilizing technology.
- Develop, maintain and distribute IT communications for faculty, staff, and student initiatives.
- Provide operational support for online freshman placement testing.
- Communicate with IT vendors to evaluate, recommend, and negotiate pricing for campus standardized hardware and software.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate campus standards for hardware/software purchases.
- Negotiate and manage UMass system and campus-wide licensed software and hardware programs.
- Develop and manage operational schedules for IT learning spaces such as computer classrooms and public access labs.
- Process reservation requests for IT learning spaces to provide appropriate access.
- Schedule and coordinate distance learning/video conferencing facilities.
- Schedule and administer computerized freshman placement testing.
- Scan exams and evaluations.
- Provide instruction for scanning text and images.
Telecommunications operations support
- Ensure the accurate and timely receipt, response, and routing of telephone inquiries for on-campus and off-campus customers.
- Coordinate moves, adds, and changes to ensure uninterrupted access to telecommunications services.
- Maintain human resources telephone data to ensure access to accurate and appropriate telephone directory information.
- Effectively communicate critical telephone system availability, campus status, and emergency information to the University community and general public.