Is your iClicker remote registration code worn off?
Please see the Instructional Development team in LIB 242 for assistance.
Classroom response systems are wireless keypads that students use to answer questions posed by their instructor. The answers are then captured in real time by a receiver for instant viewing by the instructor and student, or saved for later viewing. Your instructor may require you to purchase a clicker as part of your course along with your textbook. CITS/Instructional Development will be recommending and supporting the iClicker classroom response system. However, your instructor may opt to use another clicker vendor.
Typically, your instructor will present questions to the class during a lecture. You will use your clicker to then answer questions in real time and your responses are stored in software on the instructor's computer/laptop. The instructor can then choose to provide a summary of the answers usually as a graphic and the data can also be used for recording attendence, credit for participation, polling, and quizzing.
1. iClicker remotes are available for purchase through the UMass Dartmouth campus bookstore. Please confirm with your instructor that iClicker is the remote you should purchase for your course.
2. Next, you will need to register your clicker. Depending upon your instructor's preferences, you may register your clicker during your class through a roll call procedure or you may be asked to register your clicker through the web registration form below.
Please follow your instructor's instructions regarding clicker registration procedures.
- Remember, you are responsible for bringing your clicker to every class session.
- Keep an extra set of 3 AAA batteries always available. A flashing red "low battery" light indicates that you have approximately 10 hours of battery power remaining.
- Tape a small piece of paper with your name on it to your clicker. If you lose your clicker, you have a better chance of having it returned to you.
- Cover the ID number located on the back of your clicker with a piece of clear tape and record your ID number and keep it in a safe place. This will help to minimize the numbers from wearing off over time.