In order for your computer to operate on our network, you must authenticate yourself as a UMass Dartmouth student and register your computer's hardware address using your UMass Dartmouth email username and password.
1. Configure your computer to use DHCP for IP addressing. (If you need assistance, please contact the Restech office at x8040.) Following are the instructions to configure your computer to use DHCP for IP addressing for various operating systems.
- Macintosh Operating System 9
- Macintosh Operating System X
- Windows 2000
- Windows 9x and ME
- Windows NT
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
2. Connect your computer to an Ethernet port.
3. Open any web browser. Your computer should default to the network registration page. If it does not, enter the following web address into your browser's address bar: https://netreg.umassd.edu
4. Enter your email username (i.e. u_juser) and password.
5. If your username and password are correct, you will see the following page.
6. Once you click on the link to register, you will be instructed to reboot your computer in 5 minutes. After the reboot, your computer will be on the network.
If you need help, contact the Residential Technology Support Center, or ResTech, located in the lower level of Elmwood Hall: x8040 or via email.