1. From the Start menu, open the Settings and click on the Control Panel.
Result: The Control Panel window opens.
2. Double click on the Network icon.
Result: The Network Setup window opens.
3. Under the Configuration tab, find the protocol TCP/IP associated with your Ethernet adapter, select it and click on the Properties button.
4. Select the IP Address tab and click once on Obtain an IP address automatically as shown below.
5. Next, select the DNS Configuration tab and click once to Disable DNS as shown below.
6. Click on the Gateway tab and make sure there is no gateway configured.
7. Click OK to return to the Network Setup Window
8. Select the Identification Tab and enter the information as shown below.
Replace U_JUser with your UMass Dartmouth email account. (i.e. u_jsmith)
9. Click OK, and Reboot
You have successfully configured your PC to use DHCP.