1. From the Start menu, open the Settings and click on the Control Panel.
Result: The Control Panel window opens.
2. Double click on the Network icon.
Result: The Network window appears.
3. Click on the Protocols tab.
4. Highlight TCP/IP and click Properties.
5. Select "Obtain an IP address from a DHCP server"
6. Click on the DNS tab.
7. Make sure there isn't any information in DNS. u_juser should be changed to your UMass Dartmouth Alpha username (i.e., u_jsmith).
8. Click OK.
9. Click OK and Reboot your computer.
You have successfully configured your PC to use DHCP.