1. From the Start menu click on the Control Panel.
Result: The Control Panel home window opens.
2. Click “View network status and tasks” located under Network and Internet.
Result: The Network and Sharing Center appears.
3. Click “Manage network connections” located under Tasks on the left sidebar.
Result: The Network Connections window appears.
4. Right Click on the Local Area Connection icon and choose Properties.
Result: The Local Area Connection Properties window appears.
5. Highlight the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP) and click Properties.
Result: The Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window appears.
6. Select "Obtain an IP address Automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically."
7. Click OK.
8. Click OK and close all other windows you have open.
9. Reboot your computer.
You have successfully configured your PC to use DHCP.