Keeping in touch with UMass Dartmouth is now easier with UMassD Mobile. Built primarily for the iPhone and Android, UMassD Mobile lets you find out what's happening on campus.
Everything you want to know about UMass Dartmouth—now at your fingertips:
- News: the latest UMass Dartmouth news
- Events: what’s happening at UMass Dartmouth
- People: find a department, faculty member, or staff member
- Locations: find a UMassD campus
- Athletics: the latest Corsairs sports news and scores
- Courses: browse upcoming course offerings
- Library: find what you need at the Claire T. Carney Library
- Jobs: student jobs as well as faculty and staff positions
- Alerts: get any active campus emergency alerts, weather closures, etc.
- Feedback: tell us what else you'd like to see
Coming soon: Interactive campus map and Dart Van locations
Go to: http://mobile.umassd.edu/
UMass Dartmouth has installed a state-of-the-art WiMAX network on the main campus, in partnership with Northern Michigan University. This makes UMD the only other university in the country to establish a WiMAX campus network in this collaborative way.
WiMAX is an alternative to standard Wi-Fi and provides long-range wireless broadband access, up to several miles.
Beginning March 24, WiMax USB adapters will be available for loan via the Mobile Computing Lending Program (MCLP) at the first-floor circulation desk of the Claire T. Carney Library. These adapters can be connected to any Windows laptop running XP or Windows 7. Instructions and drivers will be provided with the adapters.
more about WiMAX
CITS offers Creative Suite 6
CITS is pleased to announce that by working in conjunction with UMass Amherst and UMass Boston, we have acquired a site license for the Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Premium (CS6) which includes
This new agreement enables CS6 to be installed on any university-tagged computer that meets the minimum hardware requirements. This software will now become a part of the standard software installation suite for all new computers.
- Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
- 2GB RAM (more recommended)
- Minimum 11GB of available HD space
- 1280x800 Display
- DVD Drive
- Mulitcore Intel Processor with 64-bit support
- OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7 or higher
- 2GB Ram (more recommended)
- Minimum 10GB of available HD space
- 1280x800 display
- DVD Drive
If your computer meets these minimum recommendations and you would like to schedule an appointment to have CS6 installed on your computer, please contact the IT Service Center (508-999-8790)