Applications to the College Now/START program close on February 20, 2017.
College Now applicants are Massachusetts residents only and must be either first generation college bound and/or low income as defined by federal guidelines.
START applicants are students interested in Engineering, Math, Computer and Information Science, and Physics.
An on-campus personal interview and testing are required for all applicants prior to an admission decision.
First-year and Transfer applicants
- Complete and submit your application: online or on paper
- Have your high school transcript with first quarter grades sent to UMass Dartmouth
- Have your official SAT or ACT scores sent to UMass Dartmouth
- Send us an essay or personal statement of up to 500 words on a topic of your choice; you can complete this as part of the Common Application
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor
- Application fee or waiver if eligible
- Students interested in a Visual and Performing Arts program (excluding Art History) are required to submit a portfolio or complete a music audition
- GED students: Submit a copy of the GED certificate from the state, along with a copy of your GED test record
- If you are a transfer applicant, have your official college transcripts sent to the College Now/START office. You must have fewer than 24 transferable credits to be eligible to apply to the College Now/START Program
Send your application materials to:
College Now/START Program
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300