Applications for Fall 2015 to the College Now/START Program will close on February 10, 2015.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by February 1, since enrollment is limited, and the program is offered only to those entering the university in September (fall semester). Early Action is not available.
College Now applicants are Massachusetts residents only and must be either first generation college bound and/or low income as defined by federal guidelines.
START applicants are students interested in Engineering, Math, Computer and Information Science, and Physics.
An on-campus personal interview and testing are required for all applicants prior to an admission decision.
First-year and Transfer applicants
- Complete and submit your application: online or on paper
- Have your high school transcript with first quarter grades sent to UMass Dartmouth
- Have your official SAT or ACT scores sent to UMass Dartmouth
- Send us an essay or personal statement of up to 500 words on a topic of your choice; you can complete this as part of the Common Application
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor
- Application fee or waiver if eligible
- Students interested in a Visual and Performing Arts program (excluding Art History) are required to submit a portfolio or complete a music audition
- GED students: Submit a copy of the GED certificate from the state, along with a copy of your GED test record
- If you are a transfer applicant, have your official college transcripts sent to the College Now/START office. You must have fewer than 24 transferable credits to be eligible to apply to the College Now/START Program
Send your application materials to:
College Now/START Program
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300