The Department of Public Safety would like to advise the community of the following traffic pattern changes and parking lot closures to facilitate movement of vehicles and parking for the 2014 Commencement Activities. Please call DPS at 508-999-8107 with any concerns.
Normal Traffic Pattern for Commencement Ceremonies
All incoming Commencement traffic will be directed to turn right at the head of campus. Traffic flow will be two way for all events.
- On Friday, May 16 the following Parking Lots will be utilized for the 10:00 AM ceremony-Lots 13, 14, 15, and 16. For the 2:30PM ceremony, Lots 7, 8 and 9 will be used.
- On Saturday, May 17 the following Parking Lots will be utilized for the 10:00 AM ceremony-Lots 13, 14, 15, and 16.
- On Monday, May 19 the following Parking Lots will be used for the ceremony in the Angus Bailey Auditorium at 10:00 AM. Lots 4, 5, 6, 7.
Traffic Pattern for Inclement Weather-Rain Plan
Should the University activate the Commencement Rain Plan, all traffic for all ceremonies on Friday and Saturdaywill be directed to the left on Ring Road. Guests for all ceremonies on Friday and Saturday will be directed to park in Lots 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 in this order.
Parking Lot Closures and Alternate Parking Locations
- Lots 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15 and 16 will be closed at 5:00 PM today, Thursday, May 15 and will be used for Commencement Parking. These lots will re-opened at 4:00 PM on Saturday, May 17.
- Vehicles that have not been moved by 8:00 PM today will be towed.
- Faculty and staff parking are designated for Lots 1, 2, 3, and 4 for Friday and Saturday events.
- On Monday, parking will be allowed in all Lots other than 4, 5, 6, and 7.
- Overflow for all days will be in East Campus Lot C.
Parking for Persons With Accessibility Issues
- Handicap parking for all events for normal or rain plans will be in Lot 10 for all ceremonies on Friday and Saturday.
- Handicap parking is available in Lots 4 and 5 for the Monday ceremony.