Doctor of Business Administration
Mr. Daniel E. Bogan completed his undergraduate studies in 1959 at Bradford Durfee College of Technology and received a BA degree in Mechanical Engineering. He is President of Borden Remington Corporation in Fall River.
For twenty-two years, Mr. Bogan served as a member of the Fall River City Council and he presided as President of the Council for fourteen years until 1990. Upon retirement from the City Council, Mr. Bogan went on to become the Mayor of Fall River.
Concurrent with his tenure as an elected official, Daniel Bogan remained actively engaged in the community. He served as a member of the Board of Directors for numerous banks and community based organizations, including the Fall River Five Cent Savings Bank, the Chamber of Commerce, the United Way, the Elks Club and the Charlton Memorial Hospital. He was a founding member of and still serves on the SouthCoast CEO Council. In 1988, Mr. Bogan was named "Entrepreneur of the Year" by the Small Business Development Center.
He was a founding member and President of the Fall River Carousel, Inc. and he was instrumental in mobilizing a successful community initiative to purchase, restore and preserve an antique carousel that operates as a feature attraction in Fall River's Battleship Cove. Mr. Bogan served as a member of the Governor's Economic Council and as a member of the Associated Industries of Massachusetts.
Mr. Bogan has served the University system as a trustee, as a member of the UMD Foundation board of directors and as the sponsor of an academic scholarship.
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts
- Battleship Cove, Fall River
- Borden Remington Corporation
- City of Fall River's Official Web Site
- Information on Fall River Carousel
- Fall River Chamber of Commerce
- Fall River Five Cents Savings Bank
- Mechanical Engineering program at UMass Dartmouth
- Southeastern Massachusetts Small Business Development Center
- UMass Dartmouth Foundation
- United Way of Greater Fall River