Counseling for Faculty/Staff
Although the Counseling Center's primary mission is to provide assistance to UMD's full-time students, the Center does provide limited consultation and referral services to faculty and staff members. All faculty and staff can be seen for an initial evaluation session or "Intake." During the Intake the counselor will talk with you about your current concerns, suggest treatment options that might be helpful to you, and recommend possible community-based referrals.
The Center's staff offers consultation services to assist faculty, administrators, residence hall personnel, and others on campus in their work with students. Examples of consultaion activities include:
- Providing information regarding campus and community-based mental health resources
- Working with faculty to assist students who are in crisis or are experiencing academic difficulty due to mental health issues
- Assisting Housing & Residential Life staff with training and crisis management
- Planning strategies to mitigate a potential crisis
- Crisis response
- Grief and loss interventions
- Mediating group conflict
Please use the menu on the left to navigate to specific resources and services we offer.