CVPA - Graduate Programs Overview
The College of Visual and Performing Arts is a dynamic arts college offering a Master of Art Education (MAE) degree and a Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree.
Master of Art Education (MAE)
- Offers traditional and innovative opportunities for the professional art teacher in curriculum design, educational issues, and reflective practices.
- Integrates individual studio practice, scholarly research, and ongoing participation in the
K-12 classroom environment.
- Provides an academic, research-based curriculum towards the Post Baccalaureate Initial Licensure, Professional Licensure and graduation.
Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
Offers graduate degree programs in:
- Ceramics (MFA)
- Digital Media (MFA)
- Drawing (MFA)
- Fibers (MFA)
- Graphic Design (MFA)
- Illustration (MFA)
- Jewelry/Metals (MFA)
- Painting (MFA)
- Photography (MFA)
- Printmaking (MFA)
- Sculpture (MFA)
- Grounded in the philosophy that significant achievement in the visual arts is the product of inspired conception, critical dialogue, individualized attention to students, and maturing skill.
- Housed in state of the art facilities which support the level of creative innovation and challenge expected of committed graduate students