Textile Design/Fiber Arts Minor
Qualified students may complete a minor in Textile Design/Fiber Arts within the Artisanry Department. The minor consists of 21 credits. To declare a TD/FA Minor, students must be a degree candidate who has earned at least 54 credits, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.000 and a minimum 2.500 grade point average in their major.
The Textile Design/Fiber Arts Minor selects 9 credits from a core of Sophomore level studios, then chooses a Textile Design or Fiber Arts track with a selection of Junior level electives specific to the program area. Students must maintain a grade point average of 2.0 in all minor classes in order to proceed in the minor. Passing the Junior Year Review is required if a student elects to move into the senior 400 level studio classes.
Textile Design/Fiber Arts Minor Course Curriculum:
Textile Design/Fiber Arts Core
Select 9 credits from the following:
- ATR 273 Weaving 1 (off loom weaving)
- ATR 274 Weaving 2 (on loom)
- ATR 277 Textile Design 1: Pattern and Stitch: 2D to 3D
- ATR 278 Textile Design 2: Repeat Pattern Design
Select 12 credits from the following:
- ATR 300 Technical Structures
- ATR 372 Computer Assisted Design
- ATR 373 Weaving 3
- ATR 378 Textile Design 4: Screen Print
- ATR 476, 477, 478 or 479*
*Up to three credits of Senior level are allowed if a student successfully passes Junior Year Review.