Fine Arts Minor - Drawing
Qualified students may complete a minor focused specifically in drawing within the Department of Fine Arts. The minor consists of 18 credits. To declare a minor, students must be a degree candidate who has earned at least 54 credits, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.000 and a minimum 2.500 grade point average in their major. Students must maintain a grade point average of 2.0 in all minor classes in order to proceed in the minor. A review of progress in the drawing minor will transpire during scheduled Fine Art sophomore and/or Junior reivews.
Students select 12-15 credits from the menu of 200/300-level studio courses below and then
one (1) or two (2) upper-level courses in drawing.
Take at least 12 credits from the following list:
- FIA 221 - Figure Drawing I 3 credits
- FIA 222 - Figure Drawing II 3 credits
- FIA 223 - Nature Drawing I 3 credits
- FIA 224 - Nature Drawing II 3 credits
- FIA 225 - Object Drawing 3 credits
- FIA 321* - Figure Drawing III 3 credits
- FIA 322* - Figure Drawing IV 3 credits
*These courses have prerequisites fulfilled by completing two of the following: FIA 221, 222, 223, 224, 225
Take at least 3 credits from the following list:
- FIA 421** - Drawing V 3 credits
- FIA 422** - Drawing VI 3 credits
**Passing the Junior Review will be necesary before enrolling in a 400-level drawing course.
Take an additional 3 credits chosen from any of the 200, 300 or 400-level courses above.