Fine Arts Minor - Painting
Qualified students may complete a minor focused specifically in painting within the Department of Fine Arts’ Painting/2D Studies option. The minor consists of 18 credits. To declare a minor, students must be a degree candidate who has earned at least 54 credits, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.000 and a minimum 2.500 grade point average in their major. Students must maintain a grade point average of 2.0 in all minor classes in order to proceed in the minor. A review of progress in the painting minor will transpire during scheduled Fine Art sophomore and/or junior reviews.
Students select 12-15 credits from the first menu of studio courses (200, 300 level) listed below and then one (1) or two (2) upper-level 400-level courses in painting.
Take at least 12 credits from the following list:
- FIA 241 - Introduction to Painting I 3 credits
- FIA 242 - Introduction to Painting II 3 credits
- FIA 243 - Watercolor 3 credits
- FIA 244 - Introduction to Painting/Mixed Media 3 credits credits
- FIA 245 - Introduction to Painting/Abstraction 3 credits credits
- FIA 246 - Introduction to Painting/Thematic Development 3 credits credits
- FIA 341* - Painting III 6; may be taken for 3 credits by non-majors credits
- FIA 342* - Painting IV 3 credits
*These courses have prerequisites fulfilled by completing two of the following: FIA 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Take at least 3 credits from the following list:
- FIA 441** - Painting V 6 credits
- FIA 442** - Painting VI 3 credits
**Passing the Junior Review will be necesary before enrolling in a 400-level painting course.
Take an additional 3 credits from any of the 200, 300 or 400-level courses listed above.