Fine Arts Minor - Printmaking
Qualified students may complete a minor focused specifically in printmaking within the Department of Fine Arts. The minor consists of 18 credits. To declare a minor, students must be a degree candidate who has earned at least 54 credits, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.000 and a minimum 2.500 grade point average in their major. Students must maintain a grade point average of 2.0 in all minor classes in order to proceed in the minor. A review of progress in the printmaking minor will transpire during scheduled Fine Art sophomore and/or junior reviews.
Students select 12-15 credits from the first menu of studio courses (200-level) listed below and then
one (1) or two (2) upper-level independent study courses in printmaking.
Take at least 12 credits frm the following list:
- FIA 281 - Printmaking I: Silkscreen 3 credits
- FIA 284 - Printmaking I: Etching 3 credits
- FIA 285 - Printmaking I: Lithography 3 credits
- FIA 287 - Printmaking: Monotype 3 credits
- FIA 288 - Photo Processes and Printmaking 3 credits
Take at least 3 credits from the following list:
- FIA 3XX Upper-level independent study/printmaking - 3 credits
- FIA 4XX Upper-level independent study/printmaking - 3 credits
Take an additional 3 credits from any of the 200, 300 or 400-level courses listed above.