Fine Arts Minor - Sculpture
Qualified students may complete a minor focused specifically in sculpture within the Department of Fine Arts Sculpture/3D option. The minor consists of 18 credits. To declare a minor, students must be a degree candidate who has earned at least 54 credits, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.000 and a minimum 2.500 grade point average in their major. Students must maintain a grade point average of 2.0 in all minor classes in order to proceed in the minor. A review of progress in the sculpture minor will transpire during scheduled Fine Art sophomore and/or junior reviews.
Students select 12-15 credits from the 200-300-level studio courses listed below and then
one (1) or two (2) upper-level (400-level) courses in sculpture.
Take at least 12 credits from the following list:
- FIA 291 - Sculpture I 3 credits
- FIA 292 - Sculpture II 3 credits
- FIA 391* - Sculpture III 6; may be taken for 3 credits by non-majors credits
- 391-01 - Sculpture and Technique can be taken for 3 or 6 credits.
- 391-02 - Sculpture III: Thematic Development 1 is 3 credits.
- FIA 392* - Sculpture IV 3 credits
*Prerequisites must be met prior to taking this course.
Take a least 3 credits from the following list:
- FIA 491** - Sculpture V 6 credits
- FIA 491** - 491-01 Sculpture V: Senior 1 -or- FIA 491-02 Installation Art
- FIA 492** - Sculpture VI 3 credits
**Passing the Junior Review will be necessary before enrolling in a 400-level sculpture course.
Take an additional 3 crdits from any of the 200, 300, or 400-level courses listed above.