2014 Somatic Voicework™ The LoVetri Method: Overview
2014 SOMATIC VOICEWORK™ THE LOVETRI METHOD
This body-based system of vocal training for all styles of CCM incorporates techniques derived from the disciplines of speech pathology, acting, movement and yoga. It draws upon ideas taken from body awareness disciplines such as the Alexander Technique®, Feldenkrais® and traditional approaches from classical training. LoVetri’s decades-long work with voice science, research and medicine is a core element of Somatic Voicework™. It promotes self-knowledge, musical intuition and the artistic uniqueness of each person and voice. Instructional materials are flexible and can be adapted to fit each professional’s individual approach.
Level II – Advanced Application & Solution Sequence™
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
January 17-19, 2014
- Master the Solution Sequence® under the guidance of Shenandoah University's Contemporary Commercial Music faculty.
- Examine the specific effects of vocal exercises on vocal production.
- Determine which exercises work to solve specific vocal problems.
- Understand the difference between style and vocal production.
- Organize style and health into a cohesive whole.
- Learn to teach from the perspective of vocal function.
- Address age, including children as young as 5 and adults beyond 65.
- Examine style demands and time frame (open-ended versus pending performance).
- Serve the needs of the student and the music easily.