The UMass Dartmouth Worker's Education Program offers educational services such as ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) & GED (General Educational Development) classes.
Workers' Education Program
800 Purchase Street
New Bedford, MA
From Boston and points north and east:
- 93 South to 24 South to 140 South.
- Take Exit 2E onto I-195 East.
- Take Exit 15 (Downtown New Bedford) onto Rt. 18.
- At second light, turn right on to Union Street.
- At the second set of lights, turn right onto Purchase Street.
- The Center is at the corner of Purchase and William, the first intersection.
From Providence and points west:
- Take 195 East to Exit 15 onto Rt. 18.
- Follow directions above.
Metered parking can be found along the streets. Additional parking can be found at two locations:
- A parking garage can be found at Elm Street. From Rt. 18 coming from Exit 15, take a right at the first light; the garage will be on the right. From the Center, turn right onto William Street, then a left on 2nd street. The garage will be two blocks ahead.
- There is a small outdoor lot at Second and Acushnet Ave. This lot offers free parking on the weekend. From Rt. 18 coming from Exit 15, take a right at the first light. Take a left at Acushnet Ave. The parking lot will be on your left 3 blocks up. From the Center, turn right on William Street, then a right on Acushnet Ave. The lot will be on your left.
The Star Store is one block west and south from the New Bedford Bus Terminal. Students can take the bus that visits the main campus to the bus terminal and walk. See the bus schedule for times.
From the bus terminal, turn right and walk three blocks down Pleasant Street (opposite the flow of traffic). Turn left down William Street and walk down to Purchase Street. The center is at the corner of William and Purchase.