SMAST / Fisheries Oceanography
SMAST WEST (706 South Rodney French Blvd, New Bedford)
|1979||Ocean University of Qingdao||B.S.|
|1983||Ocean University of Qingdao||M.S.|
|1989||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Ph.D|
- Modeling and observational exploration of coastal ocean circulation
- Oceanic frontal processes
- Turbulent mixing/bottom boundary layer dynamics
- Internal waves and tides
- Biological/physical interaction
- NSF. Collaborative research: Inter-annual variability of coastal phytoplankton bloom and their relationship to large-scale forcings: A model study in the Gulf of Maine
- NSF. Collaborative research: Effects of a warming climate on Arctic shelf and basin calacus populations: Implications for Pan-Arctic ecosystem dynamics
- NSF. Collaborative research: Development of a high-resolution, unstructured grid, finite-volume coupled ice-ocean model for the Arctic Ocean
- MIT-Sea Grant: Development and validation of a water quality model system for Massachusetts coastal waters
- Massachusetts Ocean Partnership (MOP). Development of an ocean circulation hindcast database and specific products for coastal ocean management
Li, Ruixiang, C. Chen, H. Xia, R. C. Beardsley, M. Shi, Z. Lai, H. Lin, Y. Feng, C. Liu, Q. Xu, Y. Ding, Y. Zhang (2014).
Observed wintertime tidal and subtidal currents over the continental shelf in the northern South China Sea
Journal of Geophysical Research, 22
Tian, R., C. Chen, J. Qi, R. Ji, R. C. Beardsley, C. Davis (2014).
Model study of nutrient and phytoplankton dynamics in the Gulf of Maine: patterns and drivers for seasonal and interannual variability
ICES Journal of Marine Science
Chen, C., Z. Lai, R. C. Beardsley, J. Sasaki, J. Lin, H. Lin, R. Ji, Y. Sun (2014).
The March 11, 2011 Tohoku M9.0 earthquake-induced tsunami and coastal inundation along the Japanese coast: A model assessment
Progress in Oceanography, 21