Diego Bernal, Ph.D
|1995||Universidad Autonoma de Baja California||B.S. in Biology|
|2000||University of California San Diego||M.S. in Biology|
|2002||University of California San Diego||Ph.D in Biology|
- Animal Biology
- Biology of organisms
- Animal physiology
- Biology of sharks
- Environmental physiology of marine organisms
- Fish biology
- Comparative physiology of fishes
- Comparison of the morphological, physiological, and biochemical specializations of high-performance fishes
- Fish response to angling-induced stress
- Disruption to homeostasis in fish
- Muscle performance studies in thresher sharks
- Stress response in captured sharks
- Pelagic fish cardiac performance
- Thermal ecology of swordfish
- Movement patterns of rooster fish
Donley, J.M, Sepulveda, C.A., Aalbers, S.A., McGillivray, D.G., Syme, D.A. & Bernal, D. (2012).
Fish Biochemistry and Physiology
Temperature effects on the contractile properties of locomotor muscle in the common thresher shark (Alopias vulpinus)
Marshall, H., Field, L., Afiadata, A., Sepulveda, C., Skomal, G. & Bernal, D. (2012).
Haematological indicators of stress in longline-captured sharks Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology
Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology
Patterson, J., Sepulveda, C. and Bernal, D. (2011).
The vascular morphology and in vivo muscle temperatures of thresher sharks (Alopiidae)
Journal of Morphology, 272, 1353-1364.